Book Corner: Cocktail Chameleon by Mark Addison
It’s called entertaining for a reason: you get to have fun while you do it!
— Mark Addison
From the classic Margarita to the Love Byte, the COCKTAIL CHAMELEON is a stunning new one-stop guide for the home mixologist by award-winning designer and producer Mark Addison. In his new book he gives advice and tips on how to get out from behind the bar and out of the kitchen to enjoy your own party and spend more time with your guests. He also shares easy-to-follow recipes for his signature holiday libations such as Baked Apple Punch, Cranberry Sauce Cocktail, Pumpkin Pie Martini and many more! And he cracks the code on what to serve to whom and when – friends vs. family, cocktail party vs. dinner party, party starters vs. dessert cocktails.
Mr. Addison tantalizes with molecular mixology to create the Anti-Gravity, instructs on how to reinvent the beloved Bloody Mary with sake, and invokes the famed royal rose garden with the Versailles in this beautiful new book.
Inside readers will find:
- The Pop-Rocks-rimmed Anti Gravity Martini
- Bloody Mary’s Asian sister the Bloody Geisha made with Sake and Sriracha
- The red, white and blue tower of the Fireworks Margarita
- An aromatic combination of orange and espresso called La Seville
- The Old Fashioned inspired Old Black Magic, a sultry variation on the original
- The Provence, an elegant twist on the traditional Champagne cocktail with lavender syrup
- The Sangria Flora, a traditional sangria with Elderflower
- The herbal complexity of the Versailles, the Manhattan gone botanical
Whether given as a gift or a valuable addition to one’s own library, COCKTAIL CHAMELEON will unlock the mixologist in everyone. It is sure to become an instant ally for hosts looking to elevate an occasion, or to help unwind and end the day on a high note!