Traditional Turkey Rub Recipe from Spice Islands
Whether this holiday marks your culinary debut or you’re a seasoned chef looking for a fresh take on some seasonal favorites, you can take some notes from the pros. Every good chef has an arsenal of tricks and techniques to create amazing dishes every time, and the perfect blend of spices is one of those winning secrets.
In a properly seasoned dish, the spice accents the natural flavors without overpowering them. That’s why it’s a good idea to build your menu around spices and herbs of the highest quality, such as Spice Islands®, which crafts and packages the best spices and herbs from around the world to deliver the most authentic and intense flavor possible. Here’s a great turkey rub recipe:
Traditional Turkey Rub
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: rub for 1 turkey
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands Crushed Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- freshly ground Spice Islands Black Pepper
- freshly ground Spice Islands Sea Salt
- pure olive oil (optional)
- 1 turkey
In small bowl, combine rosemary, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder and cinnamon. Generously add pepper and salt. Lightly coat turkey with oil, if desired.
Rub all surfaces of turkey with seasoning. Roast according to package directions.
From the appetizers to the main dish to dessert, flavorful seasonings can make a good recipe great. Find more ideas for spicing up your holiday menu at SpiceIslands.com.