Easy Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin pie is a must as part of your Thanksgiving meal. It can be made completely dairy-free, thanks to this recipe from PEREG using their pumpkin pie spice blend.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp PEREG ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp PEREG pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 TBS granulated sugar
- ½ cup margarine sticks, chilled, and cut into 1 inch pieces**
- ¼ cup ice cold water
Make the pie Crust:
- Place the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor fitted with an “S” blade and pulse to combine.
- Add the margarine and cold water and process until the mixture resembles a coarse meal, begins to stick together, and holds together when pinched.
- Remove dough from processor (will be crumbly) and form into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for best outcome
Make the filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, coconut milk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add sugar, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix until completely combined.
Putting it together
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a pie plate and set aside.
- Roll out your pie dough on a well-floured surface (pastry cloth) to fit the size of your pie plate.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the pie plate and shape the crust how you want it to look.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust and cover the crust with a pastry shield
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. It may be a bit wobbly still, but it will firm-up as it cools.
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours (Be patient! This is important). Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.